Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Merciless by Danielle Vega

Normally I don't like and or won't read books like this but I was so intrigued by the fact that it's a hardback book with no dust cover and such a vague cover that I just had to get it. The story was creepy, which I expected it to be. The girls in this story were so three dimensional which made me want to read about them. There's definitely something about good religious girls doing horrible things that makes for a good story. And that's what this story was about, religious girls doing horrible things to somebody different than them. My favorite characters in this story were Sofia and Brooklyn, because they were outsiders to the inner circle of three girls that run the school in this story. Riley is one of the inner three, the leader, and she is totally evil. But really she's like any other teen girl who's a roaring witch with a capitol b. Riley manipulated the other girls in this book into doing her bidding which was entertaining in how she did it. She used religion against these girls to make them do terrible things to Brooklyn.

I give this book a four out of five for having well developed characters, a great story line, and for honesty scaring the pants off of me! Books that showcase what people are actually capable of really scare me but yet intrigue me at the same time. Human nature is a very interesting thing, as well as human capacity for violence. This book showcases that.

No comments:

Post a Comment